Getting Social Business Advantage in 2012
Social Customer Research Findings from
Lithium & the CMO Council
- 80% of consumers are more likely to try friends’ suggestions because of social media.
- 74% of consumers encourage friends to try new products because of social media.
- 72% of consumers use social media to stay engaged with brands.
- Less than half of brands use social media to drive awareness.
- Only 1/4 of brands say word of mouth marketing is a top priority.
- One in ten brands say social is a top 3 priority.
Lithium and The CMO Council surveyed over 1,000 consumers and 120 senior marketers at top brands to discover how consumers and brands use social media. We uncovered a clear digital divide between what consumers expect and what brands offer.
Social business advantage in 2012 will go to those brands that cross the divide and deliver real social customer solutions—filling unmet consumer appetites for deeper engagement, more purposeful experiences, and rewards for their participation online.
Download the complete study findings today.
Lithium powers many of the world’s largest and most successful online communities: